The MotoLab Tempest is the next evolution of the fantastic Tornado and Cyclone line, designed to reduce the complexity, size and weight of the multicopter core and simplify construction.
The Tempest is designed to provide the most-needed features for racing and acro and uses the same STM32F3 CPU with ARM-Cortex M4 core and floating-point coprocessor as it's predecessor for more efficient execution of fast-looptime control algorithms, along with the low-noise MPU-6000 SPI-bus gyro chip for faster acquisition of gyro data.
This board is compatible with Cleanflight and Betaflight firmware, using the MOTOLAB target files. The PWM outputs are bidirectional, and the board is compatible with BLHeli ESC passthrough programming through the USB port using BLHeliSuite.
- Direct connection for LiPo to power both the FC and ESCs
- 1.5A 5v current-limited switching regulator and power filtering
- 1A LC-filtered power output for VTX & camera
- USB interface independent of UART channels
- 3 hardware UARTS
- Reverse current protection
- LED/Transponder output with regulated 5V and GND
- On-board buzzer driver with 5V and LiPo voltage options
- Built-in VBAT monitor with low-pass filter from LiPo input
- SAT, PPM, SBUS, SumD, SumH compatibility
- High quality gold plated multi-layer printed circuit board
- PWM outputs on the corners near the motors keep the build clean and simple